CAN ANYONE REGISTER?
Yes! Anyone who wants to run, walk or skip to the finish line is welcome to participate in the 5k.
My daughter is a program participant; do I need to register her for the 5k?
No. All Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole participants and coaches are automatically registered for the 5k.
Do parents/guardians need to register to run with their daughters?
We strongly encourage you to register to run/walk with your daughter. Participating with her is a great way to model healthy behavior and support her in achieving her goal. If you, or someone else from your family, are unable to participate with your daughter, she will run with her team. We have course monitors all along the 3.1 mile course to ensure that our participants are supervised at all times.
What time should we arrive?
Gates open at 8:00 a.m. Registration will be open from 8:00-9:15 a.m. for packet pick-up and race day registration. We encourage you to give yourself plenty of time to park, get water and use the restroom. Opening announcements begin at 9:00 a.m.
My daughter is a Girls on the Run participant; what should she wear?
We encourage Girls on the Run participants to wear their program t-shirt and running shoes. We recommend participants dress in layers that can easily be shed and tied around their waist as they begin to warm up.
What should I bring?
We encourage you to bring a water bottle and smiles. You can bring signs to show your support and enthusiasm too.
How long will the 5k run take?
Finishing times vary, of course, but our fastest runners will complete the run in about 25 minutes. Most runners will fall between 30-45 minutes. The course will remain open until all runners have crossed the finish line.
Can we leave once our daughter crosses the finish line?
We encourage spectators and participants to stay and cheer on the finishers until everyone has crossed the finish line. Remember, all participants are #1. This teaches our girls to support their teammates and practice good sportsmanship
Are jogging strollers allowed on the course?
Absolutely! We just ask that you line up at the end to ensure your safety and the safety of the other participants.
Can I bring my dog or pet?
For safety, we only allow service dogs at the event.
What if it rains, storms or snows?
The event will still go on! This event will be cancelled only if the weather is too severe and not safe for participants to run. It will NOT be rescheduled.
Are there aid stations available?
Water will be available at the water stop(s) along the course. Runners are also welcome to bring water bottles along on the course if they wish. Additional water and snacks will be available at the finish line.
Where should I park?
Parking information will be posted as soon as it is available.
Standard event etiquette
- As much as possible, please try to run at an even pace the entire event instead of starting and stopping, sprinting and walking, etc.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the street and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Allow runners to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- When approaching a water station, grab a cup of water while being aware of other runners who may be passing through. Please do not stop. If you need to slow down, wait until after the water station and then move to your right to walk.
- Encourage other runners and thank our volunteers!
- If you see a runner who needs medical attention, please alert a course monitor.
- At the finish line, please be aware that other runners are coming up behind you and do not stop abruptly. Once you receive your medal, please proceed through the finishers' chute before your celebrate with your friends and family.